This puzzle game is based on SmartCar 5x5, but is much, much smaller. I designed it because we could use a more affordable version. So it doesn’t replace the current SmartCar 5x5 game.
DIFFERENCES WITH THE ORIGINAL SMARTCAR 5X5
The original SmartCar 5x5 has 5 wooden blocks. This Mini version has only 4 block in ABS plastics. These parts are identical to 2 blocks from Cube Puzzler Go, but in different colors.
3 blocks are L-shaped (made of 3 cubes), the fourth block is made of 5 cubes. This blue block is basically a combination of the blue and orange block from SmartCar 5x5. Because the blocks are different to the original game, all challenges are new.
The game includes a small booklet with only 24 challenges (SmartCar 5x5 has 96 challenges). But people can download 48 more challenges for free from the official website of SmartGames.
Update 2020: This year we will update the SmartCar mini with an additional challenge booklet. This extra booklet adds 24 new challenges to the game, that are a lot harder than the existing one. People who bought the 2019 version can also download this new booklet (for ages 8 and up) on the official website of SmartGames at the bottom of the page.
example of an EXPERT challenge (left) and solution (right) of SmartCar Mini
Website ©2020 Raf Peeters
Products, game rules and images: © Smart
GAME RULES SMARTCAR MINI
1) Select a challenge and place the blocks next to the car’s chassis.
2) Use the 4 blocks to build a car that matches the colors shown in the challenge. White squares in a challenge indicate the colors that are not revealed. Use deduction skills to figure out what colors should be placed!
• Starter challenges show a complete side view.
• Junior challenges show an incomplete side view.
• Expert challenges show an incomplete front, side and top view.
• Master challenges show an incomplete front and rear view.
3) There is only 1 solution, shown in the challenge booklet.